The Silent Girl: Chapter 10

I would also like to give credit to An Makes for helping me come up with ideas for this chapter.

 The picture that you see at the beginning of every chapter of Silent Girl. It was created by the makes editor.

*Disclaimer*: This is a work of fiction. Some events may be based on real life, but some events are made up. For translations of the Chinese, see the Translation section at the very end.

    I looked around our great uncle and Li Li's house. They certainly had lots of stuff. There was even a grand piano! I didn't like playing the piano, but I did know how to play the Happy Birthday song. Ava on the other hand, was wonderful at the piano. She had already memorized 50 songs (including Jesus Loves Me, Amazing Grace and I Like Bananas). It was probably because she practiced on our old piano that Nai Nai¹ had bought Ye Ye² when my dad was a young boy. Just the thought of my dad made me have the image in my mind of the day he died and that thought made me want to cry but I didn't. 

  "Wow!" Ava said, staring at the grand piano that I had noticed earlier.

    Apparently the idea that going to Japan would help us recover from our fathers deaths was working on Ava. It also seemed to be working on Clara because she started laughing again.

    We then went to our rooms. It turned out that I shared a room with Clara. When we went into the room, we heard a sound that sounded like pooping. We didn't know what it was, so we asked my great uncle. When we first asked him, he turned pale for a second, but I am not quite sure. Maybe it was just because my father and my uncle had died. Also, I wasn't very used to how people acted in Japan. Then, he said that it was probably just the broken air conditioning. 

    We then went back to our room, but I wasn't satisfied that he was telling the truth. I wrote my suspicions about our great uncle on my drawing pad. Clara agreed with me. 

    All night I thought about the noise that came out of our closet. I suddenly felt some air moving around me, even though the windows were closed and the air conditioning was broken. That was the last straw. I decided to investigate. I slowly crept out of bed. When I walked on the floor a loud sound came from my foot. Suddenly, Clara woke up to the noise of my feet. After I acted out what I had felt, she also wanted to investigate. The problem was that our feet were making a really loud sound. 

    Before we knew it, all the kids were in our room. Good thing that none of the adults had awaken. Clara explained what was happening. Everybody also wanted to investigate with us. I opened the closet door, because that was where we had heard the sound. I walked in. I was so relieved to find the broken air conditioning giving out a little bit of wind. Without any warning, something wet and sticky fell on my head. Suddenly Hayden's tummy growled. Ava joked that Hayden wanted to eat the wet and sticky stuff on my head. Finally, Malachi farted and fell asleep!!!

Translations:

¹Grandma
²Grandpa

To be continued... 

Watch our blog for more of Mei Fiction!!!

Comments

  1. Oh no! I bet there's an owl resting in the rafters at the top of the closet! You know how birds are in terms of casually letting out their droppings wherever they happen to be... A version of that happened to poor Malachi with his photography backdrop! Good thing Big Sis Ava immediately jumped into action to patch the stained spot for him. What are wonderful Big Sis!

    Great writing by the way. Lots of suspense! I can't wait to hear what happens and why Uncle had that strange reaction like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No comment. (Sorry for being impolite, but it would also be rude to spoil the surprise.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Cheese-its

Origami Crane- Easy to Follow Tutorial

The Silent Girl (Chapter 24)