The Silent Girl (Chapter 15)

 

This is the official logo for "The Silent Girl." It was designed by Makes Tech Team for Mei Makes. It features the Lee family bus, birthday cake and balloons, animals, fruit, and so much more!

*Disclaimer*: This is a work of fiction. Some events may be based on real life, but some events are made up. 


 We gasped at the room, all polished and clean, with nothing in it! Well, nothing, except a giant bird! “What bird is that big,” Clara exclaimed in amazement. I nodded, to tell her I agreed, and Clara asked, “Do you think we should tell Uncle Harry?” I didn’t know, so I shrugged. What if this bird had broken in and uncle Harry called the thing that takes away animals? Whatever that is. Or worse, killed the bird? I shuddered, which I seemed to be doing a lot today. Then I turned to Clara, and slowly shook my head, no. 


 I walked to the window, and blew my breath on it, so that it fogged. Then I wrote with my finger, “What if uncle Harry doesn’t like birds? I don’t want to risk the bird's life!” This was just a temporary way to communicate with others and keep the bird safe. Unfortunately, there weren't very many windows even though there were a lot of other things. There was only one window in each bedroom and most of the other rooms didn’t have any windows. Th

at was also weird. I shuddered once again at the thought of why our great uncle did that. Great uncle Harry sure was a very very weird, and rich person. I decided that I would just use my phone to communicate temporarily, since there weren’t that many windows in the house. I also decided to just use the window method when I was in a bedroom. We could then go to the store sometime and buy a new notebook. It wouldn’t be the same notebook, but at least I didn’t have to use a device. In fact, I had never used my phone before and I had almost forgotten the password. I could use the app Chat to talk to the people around me.   



I think that Uncle Harry made it bare because he wanted us to decorate it. We can decide what to put in it, kind of exciting, right?” “Yeah,” Clara said, “Exciting.” Then Clara and I got to work, searching for a pot. We finally found one in the “Gardening Storage and Supplies Room.” Wow, uncle Harry's house is sure full of surprises! When we walked in, there was no dust. That was weird, since we lived in a farm and we had a tool shed that was full of dust. I was now lonely and would be happy to see some dust at least. I had never seen any dust, since I had walked through the front door. Even the airport had had some dust in the corners.


Clara and I hulled the pot through the round door, and slowly crept back to our room. We were relieved to see nobody in the hallway, but Clara’s sharp eyes quickly spotted somebody entering the hallway from the living room. I opened the closest door and we hurried in, dragging the pot behind us. Inside, we locked the door, happy to have not been spotted. As my eyes adjusted to the dim light, I noticed a huge shape with things sticking out of the top. I gripped my phone, and quickly turned on the phone’s light, seeing Clara do the same. I felt weird holding the phone, but I decided to investigate the room instead of thinking about the phone. I decided to point the light toward the weird and huge object, only to discover it was Ava and her airpods! 


Clara and I both froze for a second and my heart started beating so loud that I wondered if Ava could hear it. We then got back to our senses and stood in front of the huge pot. For once in my life, I wanted to be fat, so I could hide the pot better. It was kind of embarrassing thinking that, but it was necessary at the moment. My heart was still beating, but I hoped and hoped that Ava wouldn’t notice the pot behind me. I wished that I was fat, again. After all, Ava was the smartest out of all of us kids, so I didn’t have much hope that she wouldn’t notice. Ava probably saw us, because she flicked on the light switch, or rather said to her airpods, “Turn on the lights please!” Interesting. Another thing I had yet to discover. I soon came back to business, and shuffled my feet to hide the pot. Clara did that too, and she said, casually, “Oh, Hi Ava.”



Ava gave her a frown, and said, “ What are you hiding behind your back, and why did you come into my room? Too bad you're not fat enough to cover whatever’s behind you.” Ava than joked. She then got more serious. “Ummmm,” Clara said, shuffling her feet and looking blankly at Ava. “Clara, don’t do that. Ava will know you aren’t telling her why.” I screamed in my head, but it wasn’t any use. “Aha! I caught you! And I know exactly what that means, when you look blank, and shuffle your feet, it means you're guilty!” Ava exclaimed. Then she added an extra “Hehe-Haha”, which added to the funniness. Clara and I couldn’t help giggling too. We were soon all on our stomachs laughing our heads off. I really did think that my head was going to fall off any second now. I burped very loudly, which added to the funniness even more. 


We finally stopped laughing and got more serious. We explained what we had found, or rather WHO we had found, and why we were dragging the pot. Ava promised to get the engineer, who turned out to be named Susan, to help us install the lights. Ava even promised to give us those really cool Airpods, even a set for the bird! (Ava, Clara, and I all loved animals, especially birds and we couldn’t wait to see the bird with the airpods.) Ava must be very rich to give away all of those airpods for FREE!


We returned to Clara and my room, and Clara and Ava chatted, to cover me, and I pushed the pot behind them. Thankfully, the soil didn’t spill, because my mom was already mad enough at me for the blizzard of garlicky, dusty, muck, even though it wasn't my fault or anybody’s fault for that matter. Well, it wasn’t a person's fault, just a bird's fault.


 

Ava and Clara opened the door, but I stepped inside first, to hide the pot. Ava locked the door, and we all sat down on the polished floor. When we were all as comfortable as we could be on the ground, Ava said “Where are we going to hide the bird and the pot and where is the bird anyways?” “Oh, the bird is just right here…” Clara and I looked around the room, only to see that there was a piece of poop in place of where the bird used to be when we had left! Clara and I stared at each other trying to make sense of the situation.


Finally, Ava said, “Guys, we need to stay calm. Check the closet, the attic, and the dressing room.” The bird couldn’t have escaped, how could the bird have reached the doorknob, and opened it?! I wrote on the window, “ How about I check the closet, Ava checks the dressing room, and Clara checks the attic, since Clara is the smallest.” Ava agreed and thought it was logical, but Clara said, “But I’m the one to experience the poo falling first, I got buried the most! I mean, if it meant saving the bird, sure, I’ll do it, but could somebody else fit through the attic hole?” I thought about it, and I wrote on the window, “I think I might be able to fit. Besides, you do bring up a good point, Clara, you were the one to experience it first. How about we go with your idea and we go with my idea if I can’t fit through the hole?” 


Clara agreed, and Ava picked me up, so that I could reach the ceiling. I grabbed the attic door latch, and pulled myself inside. I was relieved that I could fit, and that Uncle Harry hadn’t asked his cleaning agents to clean it out or maybe great uncle Harry didn’t know about it. Perhaps, Ava was smarter than Harry. I welcomed the dust, but I soon returned to my mission to find the bird. I climbed around the attic, and put my hand through all the nooks, actually hoping I would get bitten. But it was no use. No bird in the attic! I sighed and hoped that the others had been able to get the bird or at least have more luck.


I was ready to go and confidently pulled the latch, but it didn’t work.I tried and tried to open the latch to the attic door, but it was no use. But not all hope was gone. I banged on the door and hopped that someone would hear me. I waited a while and then banged on the door louder this time. My frustrations were almost overflowing.


Thankfully, the latch door opened, and Clara popped her head inside. “Hi, are you trapped in the attic,” Clara asked. I nodded, and wrote with the dust, “I think the attic door  is just a one-way door. Wonder why Uncle Harry designed it like that, when he seems to have all of the money in the world.” “Yeah,” Clara agreed. “Weird. But it’s a good thing we got you out.” I then remembered the bird and wrote in the dust, “Did you guys find the bird or at least any clues to where the bird is?” Clara sighed, but then smiled again, saying, “We didn’t find the bird, but Ava has her suspicions that she would like to share with you, she already told me, but told me not to tell you, because she wanted you to hear it from her.” I nodded, and we slowly descended out of the attic. 


“So, I think Uncle Harry took the bird, and the bird belongs to uncle Harry,” Ava said a minute later. “Why do you think that?” Clara asked Ava encouragingly. “Well, remember the poo from the closet, just a little bit in the beginning? It was from the closet, and there was a fan inside the closet, but, if my suspicions are correct, then the birds poo, propelled by the fan, went flying into the air, and landed in the closet fan, and the fan wanted to get rid of the poo, so the fan spit it out, onto you! And you may be wondering how I know this is bird poop, but remember when Hayden asked for a sample? Well, while we were eating ice cream, he asked me for assistance, and we put it under Hayden’s bug microscope, to see the little cells, formed of what you guys would call, “What the bird eats.” That's how I know its bird poo. Also, remember how uncle Harry ran from the room as soon as he came in? Well, he probably left really quickly because he was too guilty of his faults. And, this brings up another question, why did he shut the bird in the attic? Well, it's because he knows your mom loves clean stuff, and he knows the bird makes a giant mess, of poop, and other stuff, so it would be kind of embarrassing to show your mom the bird. And, to come to a conclusion, I saw the birds. He was too guilty of his faults. And, this brings up another question,  why did he shut the bird in the attic? Well, it's because he knows your mom loves clean stuff, and he knows the bird makes a giant mess, of poop, and other stuff, so it would be kind of embarrassing to show your mom the bird. And, to come to a conclusion, uncle Harry must've walked into your room, to make sure it’s totally clean, and he probably saw the bird.”

.” 


After Ava said this, I wrote on the huge window “That is a good point, but I think your conclusion is a little off. Great uncle Harry could have sent his servants to stay close by to our room. I think that the servants are actually always there, even when Clara and I are there. They could just be hiding somewhere. Now that I think of it, I saw Ye Ye texting Harry about my mom 

being super clean. That just might be the reason why this house is super clean. I just hope they aren’t watching us right now. How about we should just try to be normal in this room and then have our talks in Ava’s room.” 


Ava and Clara nodded their heads and we all headed into the hallway to go to Ava’s room. We didn’t want it to be obvious, so Clara first went to the special snack room, I went to the bathroom, and Ava just casually walked toward her room and closed the door. We had agreed that Ava would check everywhere around her room to make sure no one was there. Clara and I had agreed to meet up at Ava’s door, and we casually knocked lightly, although we were actually in a rush. Ava opened the door, and said casually, “What do you want?” “Isabella and I were wondering if you could show us your room. You know the homework Ye Ye made us bring? Well, Isabella and I have the same homework. It was to take notes on somebody’s room. This project is a couple days long, so we were wondering if you could help us because I doubt the boys will, and the adult’s rooms are very boring. Can we come in?” Clara said.


“Sure,” Ava said, ushering us inside. Then she quickly closed and locked the door, and sighed in relief. We all got comfortable sitting on Ava’s big bed next to her table. There was a big bowl of potato chips and we couldn’t resist eating some. Even though Clara had just been in the snack room, she had mainly been eating popcorn and Clara always says that popcorn can’t fill anybody up. 


 “There was a little girl, probably one of those servants' children, and for some reason she wandered into my room. Kind of creepy, having people in your room, spying on you! Anyway, I have formed a plan. So, here’s what we’re going to do. We all know which room is great uncle Harry and great aunt Li Li’s room, the room that doesn’t have a sign on it. So, first, One of us should make your guyses room super messy, and then one of us, maybe Isabella, should go and get Uncle Harry to come and see the room. I think Clara, you should take all the snacks, and tell Li Li that there are no more snacks, so that she will come and make some more snacks with you. You guys have to keep them occupied for at least half an hour. While you guys are doing that, I'll sneak into their room, to try and find the bird. If there’s a maid in the room, then I’ll say uncle Harry asked me to go into his room to find anything poisonous, or some other excuse. You guys got it?” 


“I suppose, but I think it would be better if I just take one kind of thing and then tell her I want more of it. Also, don’t you think that Li Li will just get a servant to do that?” Clara answered.

“I guess that is a big flaw,” Ava said. “But I have another idea. Take something that she made, and, after you have taken all of that,  go to her, and tell her that the thing that you took has run out, and you want more, so you want to make them with her, because you think it will be fun.

 “Okay. I know that Li Li has her secret recipe of the blue dessert. I think there isn’t that much left, so I can actually finish it. Li Li will probably say yes because she likes doing that stuff.” Clara responded.

“But there’s yet another flaw, If we go to ask them at the same time, it'll seem suspicious, so let’s do it at separate times, maybe I’ll show uncle Harry the room around ten minutes before Clara asks Aunt Li Li to go and bake the blue dessert with her. Also, Uncle Harry will just ask his servants to do the work, so I think I shouldn’t make the room dirty, or messy, I should ask him to help decorate our room. After all, there's nothing in it! Also, first I’m going to take the pot out,” I wrote on the window in Ava’s room.

 

“I think that I should do it first because I have actually asked her to make the dessert before and I secretly timed her, just like Ava timed Hayden when he was  going to the bathroom. She took five hours and she didn’t come outside of the kitchen a single time. Another thing, what if the maid or whoever doesn’t believe you?” Clara replied.


“Those are good ideas. As to your question, Clara, Isabella can ask great uncle Harry if his personal maid can help them too. She can also say that she wants to do lots of decorations and she wants to finish in 2 or 3 hours.” Ava said. 


We all agreed on all of this, and finally had a good, stable, plan, with no loopholes. I set off to find uncle Harry, hoping that our plan would really work.


To be continued... 

Watch our blog for more of Mei Fiction!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Cheese-its

Origami Crane- Easy to Follow Tutorial

The Silent Girl (Chapter 24)